My new office accessory...

As most of you know, I've been having some knee/leg pain that I believe is associated with my IT band. I think I've managed to avoid major injury to it so far (knock on wood), and using the foam roller at the gym and at home has definitely been making it feel better so I got one for my office too. This way I can roll it out a few times a day since I think it tightens up with me sitting in an uncomfortable chair all day long. Let's hope this helps it to continue to improve.

I was scheduled for a 6 mile Tempo Run this morning in my training plan, but I adjusted it. I did a 4.1 mile Easy Run instead. When I started the run I had the intention of doing all 6 miles but at an easy pace and I would stop as soon as I started to have problems. Well, I wouldn't say I really had any "problems", but my knee started to feel tight so I stopped at that point and stretched and used the foam roller on my leg. After that my knee has been feeling great, so fingers crossed!! I'll roll it out again a few times during my work day then again after yoga tonight and before bed. I'm really hoping that with proper care I can deal with the problem without missing too many miles in my training. I really feel like I need to get as much of the training as possible with my first ever marathon now only 5 1/2 weeks away.

Enough about my IT band!! Yesterday and last night I spent some time planning the trip! That's more fun than dealing with problems so let's talk about that instead! I'm really excited for the trip, my parents (who live in Phoenix) are meeting my wife, mother-in-law and me in Napa for a family trip. I love that I've been able to turn my first marathon into a big occasion for everyone. My wife & I went to San Francisco, Napa and Sonoma for our honeymoon and this will be our first time back in the area since. We planned some winery tours, a tour of SF, whale watching, spending a day with a cousin of mine that lives in San Jose, and of course the marathon for me and the 5k for my wife & mother-in-law. It's going to be great!!

I hope you all are having a great day, happy running!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report