Last night's shenanigans & a big milestone reached...

I went to bed last night COMPLETELY exhausted, it was great!! As I stated yesterday, I started the day off with some brutal weight training before work, but that was FAR from the end of it. After work I was planning to go to the spin class at 24 Hour Fitness, but I had a lot of time to kill. What ever to do?? Well, being the lunatic that I am I decided on 30 minutes on the rowing machine (6217 meters), 30 minutes walking on the treadmill at a 4.0 incline (1.7 miles-pretty slow) followed by the spin class. Let's just say that was the toughest spin class I've ever taken, the instructor really pushed us and I was up for the challenge! My average heart rate was 79% of max and I peaked at 96% of max, burned 667 calories in 54 minutes!! I was flat out of gas after that.

None of that equals a break today. I got up this morning at 5:30 AM for a 7 mile "Easy" Run. This is one of the ones that my training plan calls easy but it was anything but. I got through the first 3/4 of a mile and was again out of gas. I was ready to quit, cry or beg for mercy! But I had something in my head that wouldn't let me quit on this run. I had a BIG milestone to hit. Keep in mind as I tell you my milestone that it is only the 19th day of a month that is 31 days long. I am now at 100.4 miles MTD!!! This is my first ever triple digit month and there are still 12 days left, 7 of which I have runs scheduled! It's going to be a big month for me mileage wise and it's an awesome start to the year. My marathon training is going very well. I'm proud that I've been able to fight through these tough runs and find the mental and physical willpower to get it done.

Tonight will be a much needed yoga class, I need a good stretch badly!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report