Interesting week, and a big goal decision...

It's been an interesting week. Lots of snow, lots of running. On Monday morning I went to the gym and did my scheduled 5 miles, when I got to work they sent us to work from home the rest of the day so during the time I would have been commuting home I added 3.5 more miles! Wednesday was a 7 mile speedwork run, I love those! They are very difficult, but they are challenging and stimulating. Thursday was a scheduled 4 miles, but I stretched it out to 6 miles. I had to reschedule some of my weight training because day one (Tuesday) was spent shoveling the driveway instead, but I did squeeze both of my weight training days in. Tomorrow will be a couple big milestones; I've got an 18 mile run scheduled, which will be my longest ever. I want to stretch this out to at least 18.5 miles so I can hit 40 miles for the week which would be my biggest week ever.

Now, the goal decisions part... One of my goals for 2011 was a min of 1000 miles, that is now a goal of at least 1500 miles. Shouldn't be a problem as I am currently on pace for around 1900. The other big decision involves 2012. I had planned to do my first ever triathlon in 2012, but now I want to also do my first ultra marathon in 2012. That's right, I'm planning on doing a 50k next year!! Call me crazy if you want, but I just love adding on the mileage!!!

I'll post again tomorrow after my run to let you know how this very interesting week closes out!! Happy running!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report