A good run with a disappointing aftermath...

It's safe to say after my knee pain Saturday that I was worried heading into my 4 mile Easy Run today. Normally 4 miles is such a simple run that I don't really even think much about it. Well, I was feeling really good the entire run and was tempted to add a couple miles to try to gain back the mileage I lost over the weekend, but thought better of it and stopped at 4 miles as scheduled. For the first hour after the run I was feeling good and really happy about it! Then after about 45 minutes in my chair at work I got up and **twinge** there's the knee!! Yep, still a very non-specific, hard to describe pain, but it was there again. Hmmm, I wonder what it is, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I can't really skip too much of my training considering this is my first marathon, but I also don't want to injure myself. I have Tuesday off from running according to my training plan, and I think I'll change Wednesday's Tempo Run to an Easy Run to try to take some of the pressure off. Hopefully that will help settle things down a little. Got to get this knee under control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report