Big picture kind of day...


Well, today was a day to keep my eye on the big picture, but that was so hard to do. I was scheduled for 10 miles today and 6 miles tomorrow. At about 6.5 miles today I started to feel some pain just below my right knee. I'm not sure what it is, it is a very non-specific pain, but as I got to 7.2 miles it was getting worse rather than better. I decided that being 6 weeks away from the Napa Valley Marathon it wasn't worth risking injury just to log a few extra miles so I shut it down and decided to rest it until Monday. I truly hate cutting a run short, but I'd hate it a lot worse if I really injured myself trying to push it despite the pain. I know I did the right thing, but right now as I sit on the couch with an ice pack on my knee I am in a very foul mood. I know in a month and a half as I run my first marathon I will look back on today and be glad I made this tough decision, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't completely SUCK. Hopefully my knee will feel better when I run on Monday, I don;t think it's really hurt, the pain wasn't terribly severe. Big picture, big picture. Napa Valley Marathon March 6th...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report