It's been a while...

Well, it’s been quite some time since I’ve posted here on my blog. I guess I did say when I started it that it was for me, and I just haven’t been feeling like posting on here, so I guess I shouldn’t make apologies for not being on here for so long. BUT I’ll go ahead and say sorry anyway. It would be near impossible to give a complete rundown of what has gone on with my running since I lasted posted, so I’ll just give the quick & dirty version.
As of my last post (7/6/11) I had just run the Freedom Run 10k, which was my second 10k, and had been back to running for 34 days after recovering from my stress fracture. Here’s what I’ve done as far as races since then:
7/23- Prairie Punisher Duathlon (my first multi-sport event)- 5k run, 21.5 mile bike, 5k run in a total time of 2:42:41
8/28- North Face Endurance Challenge Half Marathon- 2:06:00 (mileage ended up being 0.22 miles long, 13.32 miles) at my fastest half pace to that date
9/3- North Shore Trail Race- 8.28 miles of very tough trails in 1:52:52
9/11- Patriots’ Run (my first Ultra Marathon)- 27.74 miles (27 officially) in 7:31:35 on possibly the hottest, most difficult run of my life
9/25- Omaha Half Marathon- 13.14 miles in 2:02:45 setting a new PR!!
10/8- Jared Coones Pumpkin Run 5k- 3.11 miles in 25:15
I could tell plenty of stories on many of these, but suffice to say, there have been big ups and some downs, but it’s remained an incredible journey!
Now I want to get back to keeping up with my blog. I’m now 17 days from the Blue Springs 50/50 on 10/30 where I will be running my first 50k!! Then two weeks later (call me crazy!!) on 11/12 I will be running my second full marathon at the VERY hilly Pilgrim Pacer at Shawnee Mission Park. After that I get a bit of a break until the Louisiana Marathon in Baton Rouge, LA on 1/15/12. I’m not sure yet what my plans are for races next year, although I have my eye on plenty. What I do know for sure is that on 4/1/12 I will be running the Brew To Brew race from Boulevard Brewery in Kansas City, MO to Free State Brewery in Lawrence, KS. For those that don’t know the area, that is 44 miles, almost everyone that runs this does it as a relay!! So lots of big plans for the future and I didn’t want to continue to leave you all out of it.
I’ve been thinking as I am now on a steady taper to my first 50k about how far I’ve come. It’s been an amazing journey from overweight couch potato at the beginning of November 2009 to now having run 6 5k’s, 2 10k’s, 3 half marathons, a full marathon, an ultra marathon, and several other various distance races. I have learned that I have strength and determination in me, and that I can accomplish things I never thought possible. So, I’m back and I hope you’ll rejoin me in my journey, and hopefully share yours with me as well. Happy running!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report