Team Red, White & Blue...

On 9/11/2011 I ran the Patriots' Run in Olathe, KS. Ever since that inspirational event I have been trying to come up with a way to use my running to give back to the soldiers and sailors that risk so much to keep us free and the families that wait at home for their return.

I finally came upon a great way to do just that. The Louisiana Marathon that I am running on 1/15/12 has partnered with Team Red, White & Blue. What an awesome organization! Their mission is “to enrich the lives of wounded veterans and their families.” They do this by pairing up wounded veterans with their ambassadors for a one-on-one relationship. This gives the veteran a reliable, giving friend that they can count on for friendship and various types of assistance. I encourage you to check out their website and watch this video to get a better idea of how they help our military men and women.

The funds raised by me and my fellow Team RWB athletes go to fund activities for the advocates and wounded veterans and to help them with the goods and services they may need. Everyone involved in the organization (except the exec. director) are volunteers, so their organizational costs are low; you don’t have to worry about the money you donate going to admin fees, it goes to help the vets.

Right now my racing plans include the following:

Brew To Brew Solo (44 mile race- 4/1/12)

All of my races will be in support of this organization and in honor of those that keep us free. Please consider giving whatever you can spare to support our wounded veterans at my fundraising page. Every little bit helps; no donation is too small or too big. Also, if you would like your donation to honor a service member (past, present or future) please feel free to leave a message mentioning them. I run to honor those that give me the freedom to do what I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report