Olathe Running Club...

I’ve thought about joining a running club for a while, but never really got around to it. I started thinking over the last few days that as I really work to get my miles up over the summer I will need some breaks from such “serious” running and do a little of the running just for fun. That led me to the decision to finally look into a club. The Olathe Running Club has two weekly runs, one on Wednesday evening and one on Saturday morning, both of these are pretty close to my home. They also have a meeting the first Monday evening of each month at my favorite pizza place, Pizza Shoppe, which also happens to be right down the road from my house. I contacted the president of the club, Paul, and asked if I could join their Wednesday night run yesterday so I could meet some of them and get a feel for what it’s all about. I really enjoyed the run. They all seem to be very friendly, outgoing people and I feel like I can make some real friends there. Both my wife and I have decided to join, and I believe Jolene (from the Good Guys vs Bad Girls 2011 Run Mileage Competition on Facebook) is going to join once she gets her knee back up to speed.

I ran with the other guys, including Paul. The runs are typically between 3 and 6 miles. One of the guys we were running with last night is working his way back from a back injury, so we took it very slow. 4.11 miles in 42:49, one of my slowest runs in a while, but it was very enjoyable. I think having these nice easier runs with some company twice a week will really help me ease the pressure of training to increase my mileage. I also think I’ll make some good new friends that are also runners, which is always great! I think overall this is going to be very beneficial for me and Kristy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report