The Land of Oz…

When they wrote a story about a young girl’s house being blown away by the wind and into the magical Land of Oz, there was a reason they had her living in Kansas. Today was that reason. I got up at 7:00 to go for my run and it was already 71 degrees and the wind was at 26 mph out of the SSW, with even stronger gusts. I just wasn’t ready for that kind of wind, especially considering how little and inconsistently I’ve been running for the last month.
Today’s run was on the course of next weekend’s Wickedly Fast Half Marathon. The run did not go so well thanks to the insane wind, in fact, it was 29 minutes longer than what I ran in my only official half marathon last November. 13.53 miles in 2:34:49. The course is as flat and fast as described, but the wind beat me down and got my allergies going. My foot felt good again, and I’m still confident that if the wind doesn’t blow like this next Saturday I’ll do well. I still am hopefully for sub-2 hours, but if the wind is like this I’ll take whatever I can get.

After my run I went home to have a little lunch and made myself a strawberry banana smoothie. Quite enjoyable. I’ve been napping off and on since, allergies are just not much fun. Tomorrow’s a rest day, Tuesday and Wednesday I’ll run and I’ll probably take Thursday and Friday off before the race.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report