2015 Goal Setting

2014 was a little bit of an unusual year since the first half of it was spent getting my house in Kansas sold and moving to Florida, and the second half was spent getting settled into our new home state. Reviewing 2014, though, will be a subject of a different post once the year is over. I just say that to set the stage for the goals I have set for my first full year as a resident of Florida. I had a good year for my running in 2014, but no huge goals were accomplished. I want 2015 to be a fun, but very challenging year of running.

So here is the breakdown of my goals for next year:

1) Get down to, and stay at about 170#
2) Complete my first back-2-back marathon weekend
3) Set a new 50k PR
4) Complete my first 50 Mile
5) Run with an ultra team in my first Ragnar Relay
6) Complete my first 100k
In support of these goals, here is the race schedule I have for 2015 at this point:

2015 Race Schedule:
1/10 – Mississippi Blues Marathon (Jackson, MS)
1/11 – First Light Marathon (Mobile, AL)
2/7 – Double Bridge Run 15k (Pensacola, FL)
2/21 – Blackwater Trail Challenge 50k (Milton, FL)
3/21 – Spring Equinox Trail 50 Mile (Meadville, MS)
5/8-5/9 – Ragnar Relay Cape Cod Ultra (Hull to Provincetown, MA)
11/8 – Pensacola Marathon (Pensacola, FL)
11/21 – Blackwater Trail Challenge Half Marathon (Milton, FL)
11/29 – Space Coast Half Marathon (Cocoa, FL)
12/5 – Cajun Coyote 100k (Ville Platte, LA)

These should all be fun, challenging events that will all play a part in me achieving my goals. It will definitely not be easy, but it will certainly be worth it.

Of course, along with all of these running goals, I also want to continue to enjoy and get to know the beautiful city I now call home. I want to continue spending time at the beach, doing some SUP, surfing, kayaking, etc. I love this place so much and I am beyond happy here. I look forward to not only finally living in a place I love, but also working toward some things that have been goals for a long time. Here's to a strong, tough 2015!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report