Training Log Week 3: Garmin Half Marathon Training

The week that wasn't.  I got a cold on Monday and spent the rest of the week recovering from it, so my training plan went out the window for the week.  I hate missing all of that training, but you have to stay healthy, right?  Well, now I'm feeling much better and I'm ready to move on to week 4 and hoping for greater success.  I did manage to do just enough every day just to keep the 100 Days Challenge alive (getting me through day 20/100), but beyond that it was a week of laying around sick.  Monday, Wednesday & Thursday I just did some walking at work.  Tuesday & Sunday I did some good stretching.  Friday I did a yoga class and Saturday I did a spin class and core/flexibility class.  Not much accomplished, but I am feeling good again and I have plenty of time to still be plenty ready for the race, so I'm not going to fret too much about it.

Really, the most exciting part of the week turned out to not be directly workout related.  After my classes Saturday morning, Kristy & I went to a few bike shops.  I found a shop I loved and a couple bikes I liked, so I'm now pretty excited.  I think I'm close to getting the money together, so hopefully it'll happen soon.  Once I get the money together I'll do a couple test rides and decide for sure, but right now I'm thinking about the Specialized Allez Sport & the Trek 1.5.  We'll see what happens, but I'm hoping to be on a real road bike in the near future.

So, the week basically didn't happen as far as training, but it is an important reminder.  It's important to know when to take a step back and let yourself stay healthy rather than push through and get sicker, get other people sick or even manage to hurt yourself.  Happy training & good health to you all!! :)

Comments

  1. Hey Bryan! I've been off of Facebook for a little while so I'm not as easily able to keep up with all the goings on. I wanted to let you know that your 100 Day Challenge really inspired me and that I'm still going strong 27 days in! Are you still going strong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you on FB! Glad you are going strong still on the challenge, so am I!! 27 days strong, including a week of being sick and still getting it done, and I am going to be headed out the door in the next hour or so to get started on day 28! We're past 1/4 headed toward 1/3 of the way through the challenge!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report