True love…

I know I keep saying this, but I know I haven’t posted for a while. I’ve been running and I’ve even started my training for my second marathon (Route 66 in Tulsa, OK Nov. 20). It takes a big time commitment to keep up with this blog the way I’d like to and I just haven’t had that time. I’ve been busier at work and outside of work I’ve been busy running, cycling and weight training. Since I’ve returned to running from my foot injury I have found a new love for running. I honestly didn’t think I could love it more, but I do. In reflecting on things I realized that I never took the time to just love running. I started running to lose weight and at that time I hated it. I came to enjoy it as I ran a few 5k’s. Once I realized how much I loved it I started training for my first half marathon and almost immediately after that I started working on my first full marathon. I’m glad I did all of that, but I just never took the time to simply love to run. I started training for my second marathon on Saturday, July 2nd, but I have been running again since June 3rd. That’s 4 ½ weeks of running between the injury and starting training. 4 ½ weeks that I simply loved to run. I’m glad to be back to training, but I hope I don’t love the pure joy that I have come to find in every run.

I have had incredible support from my friends on the Good Guys vs Bad Girls Competition and the Olathe Running Club. I’m so thankful that I found the club. There is such a great sense of camaraderie. Since I started running I have been running alone and I thought I liked it that way. Now that I have the club I have found that being a part of a group and having great folks with a similar love of running makes things so much greater.

On July 4th my wife, several members of our running club and I ran the Lenexa Freedom Run 5k/10k. Most of us ran the 10k, and almost all of us set new PR’s! It was a great morning and it felt good to push my body to the limit in a race setting again. I look forward to running like I never have before. I especially look forward to our club runs, which are 3 of my 4 runs each week. I love to run more now than I ever have and I hope everyone is able to find the pure love and joy in running that I have found since my injury.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2012 Louisiana Marathon Race Report...

The Quest For 100 Just Got Real...

Psycho Psummer 20 Mile Race Report